Doing Business in Turlock
Menu Button
City Logo
Search Button

Alcohol Sales

Public Convenience and Necessity

If you are interested in obtaining a Public Convenience and Necessity (PCN) permit you must complete a Turlock Police Permit application and submit it to the Records Unit in person. The Records Unit is located in the lobby of the Turlock Police Department at 244 N. Broadway, Turlock, CA. 95380.

A non-refundable processing fee for the permit must be paid at the time you submit your permit application. You may be required to submit your fingerprints to DOJ and FBI as part of the permitting process. The Turlock Police Department offers live scan fingerprinting service. An additional fee will be required for fingerprinting submissions.

Once the Turlock Police Department receives your criminal history report from DOJ and/or FBI your application package will be routed to the Professional Standards Unit for processing.

The Professional Standards Unit will conduct a background investigation and make a determination. Upon successful completion of the background investigation a permit may be issued.

PCN Application

ABC One Day Permits

Who qualifies for the Daily Alcohol Permits?

For a general license you must be an organization formed for a specific charitable or civic purpose, a fraternal organization in existence for over five years, a religious organization, or a political organization.

For a beer and/or wine license, you must be an existing non-profit organization, including a charitable, civic, cultural, fraternal, patriotic, political, religious, social or amateur sports organization.

Application and Supplemental Documents

The applicant must attach the following documents to the application when submitting their application to the Turlock Police Department:
  • Federal Employer ID Number. All charitable or non-profit organizations have or must have this number.
  • A completed ABC form 221 or Form 218
  • A copy of the completed contract with your security firm (1 guard for every 100 attendees). The Security Company MUST have a current City of Turlock Business License.
  • Written permission from the property owner
  • Pay a $40.00 Cost Recover Fee

Download a Daily Alcohol Permit Application

The Daily Alcohol Permit Application must be fully and legibly completed by the person requesting approval for the Daily Alcohol Permit. The application and any accompanying paperwork must be submitted to the Turlock Police Department, 244 N. Broadway, Turlock, CA 95380, a minimum of two-weeks before the event.


The application is only for Turlock Police Department approval of the permit. Once approval has been obtained, you must go to the State of California, Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, 3021 Reynolds Ranch Parkway, Ste. 150, Lodi, CA (209) 948-7739, who will either approve or deny the request.

For questions regarding the permits issued by the Professional Standards Unit or to check on the status of a permit application submitted, please contact:

Turlock Police Department
Sgt Paul Inderbitzen
244 N Broadway
Turlock, CA 95380
(209) 664-7345

For questions about a business license for your alcohol sales, please contact:

Accounts Receivable
156 S. Broadway, Ste. 114
Turlock, CA 95380-5454
(209) 668-5570
Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM

Utility bill payments are also accepted 24/7 using credit card or checking account, online or through our telephone payment system at (209) 668-5570.

Icons made by Freepik from is licensed by CC 3.0 BY