Press ReleaseSunday, March 15, 2020
Coronavirus Update #2The COVID-19 response is fluid and evolving. Turlock Mayor Amy Bublak and Interim City Manager Michael Cooke have met with key staff and advise the community of the following updates to City operations:
1. Turlock Unified School District will close all schools beginning on Thursday. The City of Turlock’s after school programs (P.L.A.Y. and A.S.E.S.) will be closed beginning on Thursday and until further notice that school sites will be back in session. This closure is in conjunction with the Turlock Unified School District closure, effective Thursday, March 19th.
2. Turlock Police and Fire remain in normal operation mode. All school tours, ride a longs and non-essential community activities have been suspended.
3. All City Parks will remain open; however, it is recommended that park users utilize the recommended social distancing practices.
4. Turlock Transit will operate on their normal schedule.
5. City Hall operation remain open and with normal operating hours. The community is encouraged to utilize telephone and online options for utility bill payments and other city business processes and transactions.
6. The City will be issuing frequent updates to the community to keep everyone informed as to what they can expect from city services and community responses to the virus.
7. The city is launching a special Coronavirus information page on the City of Turlock’s website, which should be operational in the next 24 hours.
Download PDF version of this press release
Back to Press Releases