Turlock Menu Button Menu

Residents Businesses/Professionals
Menu Button
City Logo
Search Button
  Doing Business with Us
  Doing Business in Turlock
  Capital Projects
  City Finances & Budget
  Working for Us
  Special Events
  Animal Services
  Building in Turlock
  Water Sewer & Garbage
  Neighborhood Issues
  Parks, Fields & Buildings
  Housing Programs
  Streets & Traffic
  Transit Services
  Police Department
  Fire Department
  About Turlock

Public Service Grants

The Housing Program Services (HPS) Division provides annual funding to non-profit organizations through a competitive application process. This Federal funding is made available through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The City of Turlock is a CDBG entitlement jurisdiction funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). All CDBG funds must benefit low to moderate income persons in Turlock.

Each year, around the beginning of the calendar year, a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) is published for the following city fiscal year (July through June). Non-profits may apply for funding to assist individual proposed Public Service activities in Turlock. A variety of activities are assisted with funds from HPS. CDBG funds have assisted activities such as; teen mother services, free food for the low income, cold weather shelter homeless services, gang prevention services at the local elementary schools and high school.

For more information about Public Service Grant funding contact HPS at (209) 668-5610.

Public Service grants for Fiscal Year 2017-2018

Funding for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018) is projected to be approximately $60,000 citywide. Click below to download the program application and guidance available. Applications are due on January 13, 2017. See documents below for program requirements.

NOFA Flyer for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Guidance for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Exhibit A-B-C forms in Excel
Exhibit A-B-C forms in Word

Applicant References and Resources

HUD Planning & Development (CPD) web site
OMB Circulars (Office of Management and Budget Circulars)
Census web site

Census 2000 Information Table about Turlock
Census Tract Map

For questions about public service grants, please contact:

Housing Program Services
156 S. Broadway, Ste. 250
Turlock, CA 95380-5454
(209) 668-5610
Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM

Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY