United States Flag Etiquette
Below are a few flag etiquette reminders:
- Do not let the flag touch the ground
- Do not fly the flag upside down, unless there is an emergency
- Do not store the flag where it can get dirty
- Do not fasten it or tie it back. Always allow it to fall free
- Do not draw on or otherwise mark the flag
- Display only from sunrise to sunset if illumination is not provided. If illuminated, the Flag may be displayed 24 hours per day.
Proper Flag Disposal
Tattered American flags can be dropped off at any of the following Turlock Fire Stations:
- Fire Station 31, 540 E. Marshall
- Fire Station 32, 791 S. Walnut Road
- Fire Station 33, 501 E. Monte Vista Avenue
- Fire Station 34, 2820 N. Walnut Road
Register Your Flag
Help us track the number of flags in Turlock by registering your flag's location in the form below.